UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 3.202 Board of Regents Policy 3.202
Regents Policy Chapter 3, Organization
Regents Policy RP 3.202, Reorganizations
Effective Date: Sept. 27, 2007
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 20, 1978; Nov. 15, 1985; March 17, 1989; July 20, 1990; Jan. 19, 2001; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2017
To set forth policy establishing general powers regarding reorganizations and related approval authority.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The board may establish, abolish, reassign or rename organizational units upon recommendation of the president or as it may deem appropriate. The president is delegated the authority to establish, abolish, reorganize, reassign, or rename organizational units unless such actions:
1. Impact on board policies and/or bylaws; or
2. Create, eliminate or significantly change the responsibilities of programs that report directly to the board or president; or
3. Incur significant additional expenses; or
4. Have significant programmatic impact on the university.
B. Unless otherwise specified by board policy, the president shall determine titles to be used to designate organizational units, including approving changes in the titles of organizational units.
IV. Delegation of Authority
The president is delegated the authority to establish, abolish, reorganize, reassign, or rename organizational units under certain circumstances. See RP 3.202 (A) and (B).
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.