UH Alert Emergency Notification
The UH Alert emergency notification system alerts the university community in the event of a natural, health or civil emergency. The information you provide will only be used in the event of an emergency that impacts the health and safety of the UH community or closures of whole campuses. It will not be shared with others or used for routine UH communications or announcements. Click below to login and:
Sign in to UH Alert
Sign in to UH Alert
Information about UH Alert
Automated emergency messaging options include:
- Your @hawaii.edu email address is automatically subscribed to UH Broadcast, which sends out email for administrative and health and safety alerts.
- Unsubscribing from UH Alert will not affect email sent from UH Broadcast.
SMS /text messages
Alerts can be sent via text message to student, faculty and staff mobile phones.
UH Alert Sign Up Instructions
- Login with your UH username and password.
- Tell us the campus(es) or geographic location(s) about which you want to be alerted.
- Submit your cell phone number.
- Click "Save Changes" at the end of the form.
- That‘s it! You may opt-out or change your information at any time.
- One message per semester is scheduled to test the UH Alert system. Depending on your plan, you may be charged by your cell phone carrier for this message.
- Message and data rates may apply
- Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. You acknowledge that urgent alerts may not be timely received and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
- The use of this capability will be limited to emergency communications. Emergency communications are defined as urgent notices regarding matters that impact the health and safety of members of the UH community and closures of whole campuses. This determination will be made only by the president, vice presidents, chancellors, vice chancellors and formally designated emergency coordinators.
- We will not give, rent or voluntarily supply your information to any third party for any reason other than emergency notification.
- You may return to this page at any time to update your information or unsubscribe completely. You will also be automatically unsubscribed from the UH Alert system when you terminate your relationship with the University. Once your UH Username is deprovisioned, your subscription to UH Alert will terminate automatically.
- To STOP messages, login, then click on the Unsubscribe button.
- For HELP, see the FAQ or use the feedback form.