NSO Senior Leader Recruitment
November 6, 2015 - November 30, 2015
Mānoa Campus, Campus Center 208
If you are a student with solid leadership experience and are looking to expand your current skills in 2016, please read on!
Please note: This New Student Orientation (NSO) Senior Leader position is not to be confused with the regular NSO Summer Leader position. Recruitment for Summer Leaders will occur in Spring 2016.
NSO is recruiting experienced student leaders to serve as NSO Senior Summer Leaders, beginning January 4, 2016 through the first week of September 2016.
Senior Leaders are an integral component to the success of the NSO program. Senior Leaders influence three key demographics during their committment in the following ways:
- Incoming students (first year and transfer) and their families: by serving as a resource on all things UH MÄnoa;
- NSO Staff: by providing support and assistance to the â€œbehind the scenesâ€ logistics work to ensure that the program is delivered as designed;
- NSO Summer Leaders: by facilitating and ensuring peer development and program efficiency.
Individuals selected to serve as Senior Leaders will:
- Gain significant experience leading peers and/or peer groups;
- Enhance public speaking skills that can be adapted and employed in both large and small groups;
- Acquire transferrable skills that will allow them work in a consistently changing environment;
- Demonstrate and model flexibility, strengthen their problem-solving skills;
- Work both independently and interdependently with diverse groups of people;
- Learn about communication, collaboration, consensus decision making, conflict management, and group management skills and how to employ them;
- Analyze, reflect, and apply theory and research methodologies in their work as they directly address transitional issues faced by first-year students, transfer students, and their families;
- Know, understand, and use appropriate strategies and approaches to promote peer involvement, engagement, and participation in the campus community.
If you are interested in applying, a full description of the NSO Senior Leader position (which includes qualifications and an estimated time commitment) can be found on our website: www.hawaii.edu/nso. To apply for the position, please fill out the application form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SenLAPP2016.
Deadline to apply is 11:59pm on November 30, 2015.
Student Life and Development: New Student Orientation, Mānoa Campus
956-3667, email@example.com, http://www.hawaii.edu/nso