What We Do
The Legal Affairs and University General Counsel Office provides legal assistance to the University of Hawaiʻi Board of Regents, administrators, faculty and staff on university-related issues and activities.
We work closely with the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office.
The Legal Affairs and University General Counsel Office does not provide personal legal advice.
Submit a Request for Legal Assistance
To submit any request for legal assistance use the appropriate legal services request form for your campus.
- Mānoa, Hilo and West Oʻahu Legal Services Request Form (PDF)
- Community College Legal Services Request Form (PDF)
- System Legal Services Request Form (PDF)
The request should be routed through the appropriate chancellor, vice chancellor or vice president for approval.
Exceptions to this procedure are
- Urgent requests requiring immediate attention, or
- If you have been served with a lawsuit.
In these cases, please contact the Office of the University General Counsel directly at (808) 956-2211.
2444 Dole Street
Honolulu, HI 96822