Innovations for the New Normal
A Virtual Conference
November 9, 10, 12 and 13, 2020
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Hawai‘i will be hosting, Innovations for the New Normal, a virtual innovation conference that will highlight our efforts in the areas of resilient food systems, health care and digital infrastructure — vital areas for the state in its recovery and economic diversification efforts.
Session 1: Resilient Food Systems in the COVID Era
Monday, November 9, 2020; 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Session 2: COVID Propelled Innovations in Health Care
Tuesday, November 10, 2020; 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Session 3: Digital Innovations for the New Normal
Thursday, November 12, 2020: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Session 4: Next Steps to a Resilient, Healthy Innovative Recovery
Friday, November 13, 2020; 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
*Speakers, content, dates and times subject to change.
Free. Limited to the first 1,000 registrants.
*Registration is for all four sessions.
- Admiral John C. Aquilino, Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- Creighton Arita, CEO, `ike and Team Praxis
- Steve Auerbach, Int. Director, UH Office of Innovation and Commercialization
- Carl Bonham, Exec. Director, UHERO
- Chad Buck, Owner, Hawai`i Foodservice Alliance
- Dr. Lee Buenconsejo-Lum, Assoc. Dean for Academic Affairs, JABSOM
- Elena Cabatu, Director of Marketing, Public & Legislative Affairs, East Hawai`i Health System Corporation
- Peter Dames, Exec. Vice President for Technology, Marketing & Mobility, Servco Pacific, Inc.
- John De Fries, President and CEO, Hawai`i Tourism Authority
- Kamuela Enos, Director, UH Office of Indigenous Innovation
- Dr. Aimee Grace, Director, UH Health Science Policy
- Bob Harrison, Chairman, President and CEO, First Hawaiian Bank
- Christina Higa, Co-Director, UH Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center, UH Mānoa
- Matt Koenig, Medical Director of Telehealth, The Queen’s Health Systems
- David Lassner, President, University of Hawai`i
- Chris Lee, Director, Academy for Creative Media, UH System
- Jason Leigh, Director, Laboratory for Advanced Visualizations and Applications, UH Mānoa
- Noa Lincoln, Assistant Researcher, Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences, CTAHR, UH Mānoa
- CAPT Kurt Mole, Commander, National Security Agency – Hawai`i
- Albie Miles, Assistant Professor of Sustainable Community Food Systems, UH West O`ahu
- Kaui Sana, Farm Manager, MA`O Organic Farms
- Vassilis L. Syrmos, Vice President for Research and Innovation, University of Hawai`i
- Rich Wacker, President and CEO, American Savings Bank
- Paul Yokota, President, FCH Enterprises, Inc.
Emcee: Moanikeʻala Nabarro, Spokesperson, UH Office of Communications