2019 UHM Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Symposium
August 2, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Mānoa Campus, East-West Center, Imin International Conference Center at Jefferson Hall
UROP is excited to announce the 2nd annual UHM Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Symposium from August 1-2, 2019. The SURE Symposium is a free two-day event for undergraduate students from all disciplines to showcase their research and creative work projects.
All students, faculty, and community members are invited to attend the following:
- Thursday, August 1; 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Oral presentations* by Institute for Astronomy (IfA) REU students @ IfA Auditorium
- Friday, August 2; 9:00 am – 2:00 pm: Oral and poster presentations by students from all disciplines @ East-West Center, Hawaii Imin International Conference Center, Jefferson Hall.
Refreshments will be served on both days.
We are currently accepting abstracts for poster and oral presentations by undergraduate students from all disciplines for the August 2 event. The deadline to submit an abstract is July 14 at 11:59 pm.
Students eligible to participate include:
- All UHM undergraduate students
- All non-UHM undergraduate students under the mentorship of UHM faculty
- Both those students who have and those who have not participated in the overall SURE program
There is no fee to participate. UROP is also pleased to provide complimentary printing for all poster presenters.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), Mānoa Campus
Jessie Chen, (808) 956-3212, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://manoa.hawaii.edu/undergrad/urop/summer-undergraduate-research-experience-sure/sure-symposium