Ka-Ning Fong: There Goes the NeighborhoodSeptember 23, 2019 - October 11, 2019
Mānoa Campus, Art Building, Commons Gallery
Ka-Ning Fong has been making urban landscape paintings across the globe for over 30 years. This exhibition focuses on those he made within the past ten years in Honolulu’s Chinatown, the neighborhood of his painting studio on River Street.
In Fong's moody paintings he emphasizes the changes in his familiar surroundings, sometimes with near prophetic forecasting its imminent demise.
Ka-Ning Fong immigrated from Hong Kong to Hawai‘i in 1967. He has been teaching courses on drawing and painting at UH Manoa since 1982.
Gallery hours: Mon.–Fri. 10:00–4:00; Sun. 12:00–4:00. Admission is free. Parking is free on Sundays. Parking fees may apply on weekdays.
Art and Art History, Mānoa Campus
Sharon Tasaka, 808-956-8364, email@example.com, https://hawaii.edu/art/ka-ning-fong-there-goes-the-neighborhood/
Monday, September 23
La'au Lapa'au Workshop SeriesMānoa Campus, Queen Liliuokalani Center for Student Services #412
Mr. Hussein Goes to Baghdad: Reagan and the Decision to Aid Iraq in WarMānoa Campus, Sakamaki Hall A201
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Semester in London, EnglandMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Room 9
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Semester in Shanghai, ChinaMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Room 9
SAPFB Information SessionMānoa Campus, Campus Center 310
Resilient Design in a Transformative AgeMānoa Campus, Arch 205
- Call for Proposals – CONNECT #PacRim2020
- Manoa International Education Week Photo Contest
- SEED IDEAS Call for Applications
- Attribute: Edwards + Portner + Soliven
- Apply!" href="/calendar/uh/2019/09/09/36217.html?ed_id=47679" style="font-size: 90%;">Apply for UROP Project Funding! (Up to $10,000; Due 10/10)
- Francis Haar: Disappearing Honolulu
- Ka-Ning Fong: There Goes the Neighborhood