What We Do
The government relations team monitors legislation that has a potential impact upon the university, responds to constituent inquiries and collaborates with other UH campuses and the community to build support for the university.
At the conclusion of each regular legislative session, the Government Relations office produces a legislative summary of pertinent information passed out of the legislature each session.
Contact us for assistance on proclamations and/or special messages from Hawaiʻi elected officials.
- June 1, 2018— New law expands Hawaiʻi Promise scholarships for UH Community College students
- May 7, 2018— 2018 Legislative Recap by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- April 12, 2018— 2018 Legislative Session Update by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- December 21, 2017— Budget request breakdown for 2018 legislature by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- May 8, 2017— 2017 legislative recap by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- April 27, 2017—State leaders fulfill Hawaiʻi’s Promise
- Hawaiʻi State Legislature website
- Elected Officials Who Are UH Alumni (PDF)
- State Capitol Parking (PDF)
- Hawaiʻi and U.S. Federal Government Information
- UH Administrative Rules
- UH Office of Project Delivery
- UH Office of Budget and Finance
- Legislative Coordinators (login required)
- 2018 Elections
Leadership and Staff
- Laura Chun, Government Relations Specialist
- Robert Watland, State Liaison