- Content Menu
- User Guides and Phone Types
- Long Distance
- Service Rate Schedule
- Conference Bridge
What is the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge?
The Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge is a fully integrated, all-digital, audio
conference bridge that allows between four (4) to twenty (20) people in different
locations to communicate with each other. The unit is housed at our campus telephone
switch and is designed to provide quick access to an in-house conference bridge,
eliminating the need to contact conference service bureaus.
How does the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge Work?
To use the Conference Bridge, the participants dial a pre-assigned phone number,
enter a password, and are prompted to "speak their name". An individual may leave a conference in
progress at any time.
The Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge Features.
- Meet-me style conferencing (conferees join the conference at a pre-arranged time)
- Password protection
- Entry/Exit voice announcements
How do I request the use of the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge?
You may request the use of the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, duration, and number of participants for your conference. An email will be sent to you confirming your conference request along with the conference phone number and password.
Why Would You Use the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge?
The conference bridge has the ability to connect individuals located on the neighbor
islands, on the mainland US, or in another country, as long as one of the conference
bridge participants is a faculty or staff of one of the campuses across the UH system.
This person will be responsible for the phone charges to the department.
What is the Cost to Use the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge?
There is no cost to use the Conference Bridge.
- At least one conference bridge participant must be a faculty or staff of one of the campuses within the UH system to be the contact person and to take responsibility for any charges to the department.
- 30 minutes minimum - 12 hour maximum (reserved in 15 minute increments)
- 4 participants minimum - 20 participants maximum
- If you have questions or would like to discuss this service, please call ITS Telecommunications at 956-6033