Campus public forums for UH president finalists set for May 6-9
Beginning Tuesday, May 6, finalists for the position of president of the University of Hawaiʻi System—Interim President David Lassner and Lt. General Francis Wiercinski—will be visiting UH campuses statewide throughout the month of May, participating in campus public forums and meetings with students, faculty and the community. Following these visits, the Board of Regents hopes to select a president in June 2014.
Campus public forums will begin on Oʻahu, Tuesday, May 6 through Friday, May 9. The Oʻahu forums will be followed by public receptions. The Oʻahu forums and receptions are open to the public and will offer the opportunity to ask questions of the finalists and learn more about their background and experience. Other business forums and meetings will be scheduled throughout the month to meet community leaders and other constituencies.
The public schedule
Interim President David Lassner
- Oʻahu: Wednesday, May 7, 12–1:30 p.m., Leeward Community College Theatre
Friday, May 9, 5–6:30 p.m., UH Mānoa Architecture Auditorium (public reception to follow, 6:30–8 p.m.)
- Island of Hawaiʻi: Friday, May 9, 8–9:30 a.m., University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo University Classroom Building (UCB), Room 100
- Kauaʻi: Thursday, May 8, 5–7 p.m., Kauaʻi Community College Cafeteria
- Maui: Thursday, May 8, 8–9:30 a.m., Maui College Leis Family Class Act Restaurant
Video coming soon
Lt. General Francis Wiercinski
- Oʻahu: Tuesday, May 6, 5–6:30 p.m., UH Mānoa Architecture Auditorium (public reception to follow, 6:30–8 p.m.)
Friday, May 9, 9–10:30 a.m., Leeward Community College Theatre
- Island of Hawaiʻi: Friday, May 9, 5–7 p.m., University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo University Classroom Building (UCB), Room 100
- Kauaʻi: Thursday, May 8, 8–9:30 a.m., Kauaʻi Community College Cafeteria
- Maui: Thursday, May 8, 5–7 p.m., Maui College Leis Family Class Act Restaurant
Video coming soon
Arrangements are being made to provide free parking, and to live stream the open forums on the internet and to post them in their entirety for later viewing.
An online survey will be available for those who would like to provide feedback on the finalists. Survey responses will be compiled and provided to the Board of Regents to assist in making its decision.
For more information about the UH presidential search and specific locations of the public appearances, visit the President Search website.
- Board of Regents begins presidential search
- Regents will make presidential finalists public
- Finalists for UH president announced
- Statement from the UH Presidential Selection Committee
- Presidential Selection Committee final report