The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa has been voted as the best university in Hawaiʻi, and other UH campuses and programs have made the lists of Hawaiʻi’s Best 2023 by the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, announced on August 20.
“We are gratified that the readers of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser have chosen UH Mānoa as the best university in our state,” UH Mānoa Provost Michael Bruno said. “This ranking reaffirms our commitment to serve the people of Hawaiʻi by providing a high quality, affordable education at one of the world’s best universities.”
In addition to UH Mānoa, the following campuses and programs with UH ties that were recognized are:
- Leeward Community College (best community college, first place)
- Honolulu CC (best community college, finalist)
- Kapiʻolani CC (best community college, finalist)
- TRiO Student Support Services at Windward CC (best tutoring center, first place)
- Leeward CC Children’s Center (best preschool, finalist)
- UH Federal Credit Union (best credit union, finalist)
The rankings were curated based on votes cast by Honolulu Star-Advertiser readers. More than 150 categories were included in this year’s Hawaiʻi’s Best 2023 listings.