Skip to content

Voter Registration

The 1998 Higher Education Act requires all postsecondary institutions to make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration information to all students. We are providing the following information about voter registration to assist you with signing up to vote. We hope that you find this information to be useful. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regardless of your physical location during election years, you are encouraged to register to vote.

Voter Registration

Note the following guidelines for registering to vote in Hawaiʻi.

  • You must be a United States citizen.
  • Be 18 to Vote.
  • Be a resident of the State of Hawaiʻi
  • You must update your voter registration if you changed your name, residence address, or mailing address.
  • If you have a valid Hawaiʻi Driver License or Hawai’i State ID card, you may register to vote and update your existing voter registration at
  • If you do not have a valid Hawaiʻi Driver License or Hawai’i State ID card, complete the Hawaiʻi Voter Registration Application (PDF), and submit it to your County Elections Division.
  • Forms and instructions for registering and further information about election dates are available from the State of Hawaiʻi, Office of Elections website.
    • Hawaiʻi Community College – Paepae Haumana Center
    • Honolulu Community College – Records Office and Student Life Office
    • Kapiʻolani Community College – Lama Library entrance and the Office of Student Life counter in the Kamokila Center
    • Kauaʻi Community College – 2nd floor of the Campus Center in the Student Life Center
    • Leeward Community College – Learning Commons on the Puʻuloa (Pearl City) Campus and Front Desk on the Waiʻanae Campus
    • UH Hilo – Library main entrance
    • UH Mānoa – Office of the Registrar, QLC Room 010; Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success, QLC Room 409; and Hamilton Library Government Documents department
    • UH Maui College – Admissions and Records office
    • UH West Oʻahu – Student Services Center at Enrollment Services C141 and Advising Center C237
    • Windward Community College – Library Learning Commons front desk in Hale La‘akea
  • All registered voters will automatically be sent a ballot at their mailing address associated with their voter registration.

If you have any questions about voting in the State of Hawaiʻi, you may call the Office of Elections at 808-453-VOTE (8683) or email them at or visit

You may also follow the Office of Elections on Twitter or Facebook for the latest updates.

Voter registration in other States or Territories

Military, overseas, and absentee voting

  • If you wish to learn more about voter registration in your home State or Territory, you can visit
  • For students studying abroad or if you wish to learn more about military, overseas, and absentee voting, you can visit This website also provides the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), which allows students to register to vote and request an Absentee Ballot Request while abroad, and can be found at
  • To learn more about how faculty, staff, and students can volunteer to become a poll worker, you can visit

Constitution Day

For information about Constitution Day, click here.


1733 Donaghho Road
Kuykendall 716
Honolulu, HI 96822

 (808) 956-9404

Last modified: August 1, 2023
Back To Top