APT Career Groups
Career groups are groupings of APT positions that share a common focus and purpose in a particular field or discipline of work. Groupings are intentionally broad and include a wide range of APT positions, but maintain similar functionality.
Learn more about each of the APT Career Groups and Functional Titles : (UH login required)
- Academic Support
- Allied Health and Safety
- Enterprise Operations
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Information Technology
- Institutional Support
- Instructional and Student Support
- Legal Affairs
- Media Design and Production
- Physical Plant Management
- Public Information, Public Events Planning and Publications
- Research Support
A functional title is a description of a position’s nature and function of work in accordance with the designated career group and band. A functional title may not be a working title; a functional title is reflected in the PeopleSoft system and organizational chart, while a working title is not reflected in PeopleSoft and the organizational chart. Examples:
- Career Group: Institutional Support
- Functional Title: HR Specialist – Responsible for human resources program administration, which may include classification and compensation, recruitment, benefits, training, and labor relations.
- Career Group: Information Technology
- Functional Title: Network Administrator – Provide network design, hardware and software support for network environments including computer technologies, voice, data and/or video and image technologies to users.