The University recognizes that families may face crises and problems that affect work performance. Employee Assistance of the Pacific has been contracted to provide EAP services through a voluntary program that permits employees to seek help on their own. An Employee Assistance of the Pacific counselor will meet with the employee to explore options and possible resolutions. Discussions with an Employee Assistance of the Pacific counselor are kept confidential and will not be released without prior written permission from the employee.
All regular, temporary and exempt employees are eligible for EAP services.
Services provided to family member(s) who are part of the employee’s problem may also be allowed and may be charged against the employee’s maximum number of counseling sessions.
Casual hires, 89-day hires, short-term exempt employees, student assistants and non-compensated employees are excluded from this program.
Employee Assistance of the Pacific provides Counseling Services, up to 3 hours per year with a counselor in your area, on the following topics:
- Marital Conflict
- Stress Management
- Alcohol or Drug Problems
- Interpersonal issues
- Conflict at Work
- Coronavirus Concerns
- Family Relationships
- Depression or Anxiety
- Grieving a Loss
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Career Path
- Personal decision-making
- Domestic Violence
- Anger Management problems
Employees who wish to use EAP services can call Employee Assistance of the Pacific to schedule an appointment. Services are available on Oʻahu, Maui, Kaua‘i, Big Island, Moloka‘i and Lāna‘i.
Oahu office: 808-597-8222
Neighbor Islands: 1-877-597-8222 toll-free
A copy of your current pay stub is required at the initial counseling session/phone call to verify your payroll number and warrant distribution code acknowledging eligibility for services.
When a supervisor refers an employee for counseling, the formal supervisory referral form should be completed after:
- Consulting with the HR Representative for appropriate course of action to take and whether EAP referral is appropriate and
- After calling Employee Assistance of the Pacific for a supervisory consultation on how to handle the situation and to discuss whether a formal referral is appropriate.
Provide a copy of the completed and signed form to the employee
Fax the form to Employee Assistance of the Pacific prior to scheduling an appointment at (808) 597-8230 or scan/email to email@example.com.
Employees will be granted time off up to one (1) hour for the first counseling session, plus a reasonable additional amount of travel time if…
- The visit is scheduled during working hours,
- has prior supervisory approval,
- and the employee provides confirmation of attendance.
Time off shall not be charged to any leave.
Subsequent appointments shall be scheduled for non-work hours unless authorized by supervisor.
Leave shall be charged to sick, vacation, compensatory time off, or leave without pay, as appropriate.
Employee Assistance of the Pacific also provides the following services, provided that prior approval is received by a University Administrator, supervisor, or human resources representative as there is a service fee.
- Management Consultation: $17 per 6 minutes
- Group Counseling, Training and Orientation Sessions: 90 minute session ($330)
- Supervisor Training Sessions for University Supervisors: 1 hour session ($220)
- Employee Orientation Sessions: 1 hour session ($220)
- Workplace Training Sessions: 90 minute session ($300)