Establish a New E/M Position
Use the following steps to establish a new Executive/Managerial (E/M) position.
Work with your HR representative/Fiscal Administrator for general guidance.
- Write the Position Description (PD)
- Complete and Submit PS 9.2 Position Management Request
Write the Position Description (PD)
- Work with your HR representative identify the position’s placement on the official organizational chart.
- Prepare a new PD or amend an existing PD.
- A PD shall describe the duties, responsibilities, authority, and qualifications necessary to perform the job. See Sample PD.
Complete and Submit PS 9.2 Position Management Request
- Work with your HR representative to submit a PS 9.2 Position Management Request and submit with Establish New EM Position Action Memo.
- Take action on the request.
- Ensure the PD complies with HPERB Decision 75 and clarified in Decision 95.
- Assign the position to a class and work with Campus HR office to finalize action memo for approval by the President.