Information Technology Services (ITS) has established a site license contract with the H5P Group for the H5P.com software for the University of Hawaiʻi (UH) System. Any active UH faculty or staff may participate in this annual site license program via departmental funds.
This is an annual site license, which provides the user with the “right to use” the H5P software for the duration of the UH Fiscal Year, beginning July 1st through June 30th of the following year, and is not prorated. Renewal notification will be sent to the contact person via email after the new fiscal year begins.
Due to the H5P site license initially being offered beginning in Jan. 2023, those who participate between Jan. - June 30, 2023 will be charged 50% of the annual site license cost.
Annual Pricing: $180.00 per Named User License
Commonly Asked Questions:(View the full list of UH H5P Site License FAQs)
- What is included in the $180 fee?
The UH H5P site license includes access to H5P.com features for one fiscal year beginning July 1st through the following June 30th (not prorated). Licensed users requiring technical support may contact ITS Help Desk. Users may renew their licenses annually. ITS has also purchased Drill-Down Reporting (included in your license cost) so that licensees can also view detailed activity attempts by individual learners directly within H5P.
- Can multiple users access and use a single license?
UH H5P site licenses are provided for each individual user to access, not multiple users.
- Are the H5P site licenses meant for each student to purchase, or for each instructor?
The UH H5P site licenses ($180/year) are meant for purchase by instructor(s). Each license provides instructor access to create and integrate H5P interactives into any Laulima course(s) the instructor teaches.
- What is the difference between the UH H5P Site License and the H5P + Laulima Program?
The license cost for the H5P + Laulima Program is covered by ITS (but includes requirements to be fulfilled each academic year of the program) and the UH H5P Site License requires purchase through departmental funds.
Additional Notes and Resources:
- H5P.org provides a free version if you would like to "test drive" the authoring tool. Note that a UH H5P.com license is required if you would like to integrate the H5P interactives you create with Laulima (for student reporting and grading of H5P activities).
- This site license option was created as a result of the successful implementation of the H5P + Laulima Program. You may access a variety of resources and examples as you gain access to your H5P license.
- Contact the ITS Help Desk for any technical support questions.
- Determine the quantity and appropriate cost per license.
- Generate your payment:
- UH Interdepartmental Order (FSO-30)
- RCUH Purchase Order, UH Foundation Purchase Order, EWC Requisition
- Cash, credit cards and P-Cards are NOT accepted.
- Tax and shipping fees are NOT needed.
- Please enter an email address in the INVOICE TO section (if applicable) to have the Invoice emailed instead of a printed copy sent out by mail.
Vendor Address: University of Hawaii - ITS
Attn: Site License Administrator
2520 Correa Rd., ITC 5th Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
- Complete and submit the UH H5P Site License Request Form
- Once your request is received and the account(s) have been assigned, the contact will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.
If there are any questions regarding this program, please call the ITS Site License Office at (808) 956-2404 or send email to email@example.com.