The Committee on Administration and Budget (CAB) is responsible for matters dealing with administration and budget, at the Mānoa campus, and also at the System level, to the extent that the Mānoa campus is affected by System actions. The responsibilities of the CAB include:
- Review administrative policies and procedures, proposals for reorganization, the responsibility of major positions, and the procedures for filling positions
- Review administration’s policies and procedures regarding the budget, and other matters relating to the distribution and expenditure of funds
- Monitor the administration’s actions to ensure that they are open and give ample opportunity for faculty consultation
- Review University policies regarding academic decision making and policy development and propose modifications as required
- Conduct regular reviews of the charter and by-laws of the Senate and of the Congress and proposes amendments as appropriate
- Review the condition of the physical facilities, the operation of auxiliary services, and proposals for capital improvements and their implementation.