The purpose of the Committee on Educational Effectiveness (CEE) is to lead coordinating and monitoring assessment activities and to develop assessment policy directed at understanding and improving educational effectiveness.
The CEE will work closely with the Assessment Office, Office of Faculty Development and Academic Support, General Education Office and General Education Committee, and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and will have the following responsibilities:
- Establish academic assessment policies necessary to foster a campus-wide understanding of and commitment to improvement-oriented educational assessment
- Identify the most appropriate practices and uses for assessment of student learning at Mānoa
- Review assessment resource needs and recommend concomitant budgetary allocations by the institution
- Liaise with faculty to promote effective academic assessment practices, especially in support of degree programs
- Consult with subject matter/content area experts as necessary
- Produce an annual report (due in May) to the Faculty Senate on the status of academic assessment at UHM.