Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- Open house excites future scientists
- Foreign students rave about law program
- Varsity Victory Volunteers part of UH legacy
- UH leaders join Polynesian Voyaging Society for New Zealand educational summit
- Marine biologist Carl Meyer shares insights on recent tiger shark bites