Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- The evolution of the Honolulu Marathon and the State of Hawaiʻi
- School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology receives new marine facility
- Students around the world challenged to Make the Ala Wai Awesome
- Extensive deep coral reefs in Hawaiʻi harbor unique species and high coral cover
- Hundreds of UH Press publications available through Hawaiʻi Scholarship Online