Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- Online nursing programs at UH Manoa rise in U.S. News and World Report ranking
- UH Information Technology Center to house portion of state’s IT systems
- Coral toolkit allows floating larvae to transform into reef skeletons
- Fashion shows highlight student designs
- Jellyfish research featured in Florida schools