Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- The spirit of dance lives on in Winter Footholds
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor visits UH law school
- FAX exhibition featured at Manoa Art Gallery
- Competition provides critical look at student business plans
- Holiday sales scheduled at three UH campuses