Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- The evolution of the Honolulu Marathon and the State of Hawaiʻi
- Hamilton Library thrives 10 years after devastating flood
- Robotically discovering Earth’s nearest neighbors
- UH playing important role in NASA coral study
- Real drama benefits nursing students