Honolulu CC hosts high school automotive competition
“We are excited to host this competition on our campus. Students will gain valuable experience testing their current knowledge base and working together as a team,” says Bert Shimabukuro, professor of the automotive technology program at Honolulu CC.
Six student teams are set to compete. “These are our future students and eventually future technicians,” says Shimabukuro
The statewide competition will be held in the main parking lot fronting Dillingham Boulevard and Alakawa Street. The high students will repair deliberately “bugged” 2014 Fords to demonstrate skills required for succeeding as automotive technicians. Professionals make these repairs on the job.
The industry remains one of the nation’s in-demand and well-paying careers. The competition is sponsored by AAA as part of its efforts to attract more young adults to the profession.
For a complete list of the competitors and instructors, visit the Honolulu CC news release.
- Hybrid/electric vehicles courses at Honolulu CC
- Automotive technology program at Honolulu CC reaccredited
- Ford/AAA Auto Skills Challenge hosted by Honolulu CC
- Students complete Honolulu CC's Auto Academy
- Sendai automotive students return to Honolulu CC