More than 130 principal investigators, project staff and supporters gathered in October, at the Waialae Country Club to recognize 29 distinguished Research Corporation of the University of Hawaiʻi (RCUH) employees who made demonstrable, significant and exemplary contributions to their projects during the past fiscal year or years.
Outstanding Researcher/Project Manager/Professional Staff
- First-place: Ning Li, ocean wave model systems specialist at UH Mānoa’s School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
- Second-place: Justin Hite, researcher at UH’s Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit in the Department of Botany
- Honorable mentions: Danielle Hull, UH Mānoa’s School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology; Crissy Kawamoto, UH Cancer Center; Kiaina Schubert, Subaru Telescope; Rob Weryk, UH Institute for Astronomy
- First-place: UH Animal and Veterinary Services
- Second-place (tie): Academia Sinica Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Second-place (tie): East Asian Observatory
- Honorable mentions: Mauna Kahālāwai Watershed Partnership, UH Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit; Pacific Islands Deep Sea Coral and Sponge Initiative, UH Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research
“We appreciate these outstanding RCUH employees for their exceptional contributions to the advancement of research, training and development in Hawaiʻi and beyond. Congratulations!” said Sylvia Yuen, RCUH executive director.