Build and sustain a thriving UH research and innovation enterprise that addresses local and global challenges by linking fundamental scientific discovery with applied research necessary for technological innovation to create jobs and advance a knowledge-based economy.
- Build out and sustain research and innovation hubs in key areas: Climate Resilience, Energy and Sustainable Ecosystems; Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences; Astronomy and Space Sciences; Data Sciences and Global Cybersecurity; Health and Wellness; Food Security and Agriculture; The Asia-Pacific and Hawai‘i.
- Leverage intellectual diversity and indigenous innovation.
- Generate intellectual property and spin off startup companies that create high-quality jobs.
- Advance meaningful engagement in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Amount of extramural and philanthropic funding, including in identified hubs.
- Number of active licenses and options.
- Number of UH spinoff companies and jobs created.