Eliminate workforce shortages in Hawai‘i while preparing students for a future different than the present.
- Prepare professionals to fulfill statewide needs in occupations that are essential to community well-being, including education, health, technology, skilled trades and sustainability/resilience.
- Enhance non-traditional offerings, including micro-credentials serving needs of specific groups of students, and industry certified credit and non-credit credentials, for those seeking upskilling or career change opportunities.
- Partner with employers to ensure the necessary preparation and support for students to succeed in their careers.
- Prepare graduates for life-long learning, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Size of workforce shortages in key sectors/occupations (e.g., teacher shortage).
- Number of students with work-based learning, entrepreneurial and research experiences, and internships with a preference for paid internships.