University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Athletics Director David Matlin has announced an eight-person advisory group in the school’s search for its next football head coach.
These individuals will work closely with Matlin, who will ultimately be accountable to make a recommendation to Chancellor Robert Bley-Vroman.
- Related UH News story: “Chow relieved as football coach; Naeole named interim head coach,” Noember 2, 2015
- Carl Clapp>—associate athletics director, UH Mānoa Athletics Department
- Daniel Harris-McCoy—assistant professor, UH Mānoa Department of Languages and Literature of Europe and Americas; chair of the Faculty Senate Committee on Athletics, member of Athletics Advisory Board
- Lori Ideta—vice chancellor for students, UH Mānoa
- Eric Okasak—head athletic trainer, UH Mānoa Athletics Department
- Amanda Paterson—director of compliance, UH Mānoa Athletics Department
- Roxie Shabazz—assistant vice chancellor for enrollment management and director of admissions, UH Mānoa
- Mike Trapasso—head baseball coach, UH Mānoa Athletics Department
- Hugh Yoshida—Āhahui Koa Ānuenue chair and former athletics director, UH Mānoa Athletics Department
UH Mānoa Athletics Department Human Resources Specialist Paula Nishimoto will help guide the hiring process.
As of the morning of Monday, November 16, the UH Mānoa Athletics Department received more than 50 applications. The group has already begun the process of reviewing applications that have been received.