Welcome to the web site of the University of Hawaii Office of Risk Management. To navigate through our web site, please use our links located in the upper right hand corner.
UH EMPLOYEES: The Office of Risk Management is part of the Office of the Vice President for Administration. To request assistance, please complete and submit an ASSISTANCE REQUEST FORM.
Major Property Loss - Property Claim Damage Information
UH Campuses are responsible for tracking property losses and completing claim forms. In order to document any damage that might result in the event of a large loss, hurricane or other similar catastrophe, please utilize the procedures and forms on our website.
2015 Hurricane Season
June 1 is the start of hurricane season, which lasts through November. 30. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Central Pacific Hurricane Center is forecasting a 70 percent chance of an above-normal season, based upon the expectation of El Niño continuing and possibly strengthening as the hurricane season progresses. For information on how to plan and prepare for the next major storm, click here
UH Manoa Campus Security Changes Name to Department of Public Safety
The University of Hawaii at Mānoa Campus Security and Emergency Management department changes its name to the Department of Public Safety to more accurately reflect the comprehensive and holistic nature of the services it provides.
To read more about the name change, click here.
2014 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The 2014 Annual Security and Fire Safety compliance document is available for viewing on the UH Manoa Department of Public Safety website at http://hawaii.edu/security/resources/PDFs/annual_report14.pdf. The website and report contain information about campus security and personal safety, including such topics as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
County Facility Use Permits
If you are planning to utilize a County facility (Honolulu, Maui, Kauai, Hawaii), please click here.
- Report any newly acquired buildings - within 30 days of acquisition
- Report any newly acquired large equipment purchases, such as photovoltaic systems - within 30 days of acquisition
- Report buildings that are sold or transferred to another department
- Report property losses timely. Failure to report may result in denial.
- Report newly acquired vehicles - within 30 days
- Report when vehicles are disposed of or transferred
- Determine if comprehensive/collision or fire & theft coverage is needed - if required - report immediately for coverage
- If a vehicle has not been reported to us prior to a loss or accident, there will not be any coverage for damages to that vehicle.
- Report all damage and accidents to your supervisor and submit applicable forms to the Office of Risk Management within five business days.
- Engage in safe driving practices - buckle up, be aware of your surroundings, and drive defensively.
- Report any crime loss IMMEDIATELY - failure to do so will result in denial of claim
Contact us if you have any questions regarding reporting procedures.
Risk management involves the identification, evaluation and treatment of risks inherent in the operations of an organization. At the University of Hawai‘i risk is prevalent at all levels of activities, projects, and programs affecting students, faculty and staff. The Office of Risk Management provides leadership and implements risk management principles and practices and serves as a systemwide resource for risk management related issues.