Welcome to the web site of the University of Hawaii Office of Risk Management. To navigate through our web site, please use our links located in the upper right hand corner.
UH employees: To request assistance from the Office of Risk Management, submit a legal services request form.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING HURRICANE ISELLE AND HURRICANE JULIO
Storm updates and readiness information can be found at the following websites:
Preparations should be taken to minimize the potential damage to buildings and property.
Loss of University-owned property should reported as soon as possible. The property claim damage form can be found here.
2013 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The 2013 Annual Security and Fire Safety compliance document was posted on October 1, 2012, and is available for viewing on the UH Manoa Campus Security website at http://www.hawaii.edu/security/annual_report13.pdf. The website and report contain information about Campus Security and personal safety, including such topics as crime prevention, fire safety, Campus Security enforcement policy, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
- Report any newly acquired buildings - within 30 days of acquisition
- Report any newly acquired large equipment purchases, such as photovoltaic systems - within 30 days of acquisition
- Report buildings that are sold or transferred to another department
- Report property losses timely. Failure to report may result in denial.
- Report newly acquired vehicles - within 30 days
- Report when vehicles are disposed of or transferred
- Determine if comprehensive/collision or fire & theft coverage is needed - if required - report immediately for coverage
- If a vehicle has not been reported to us prior to a loss or accident, there will not be any coverage for damages to that vehicle.
- Report all damage and accidents to your supervisor and submit applicable forms to the Office of Risk Management within five business days.
- Engage in safe driving practices - buckle up, be aware of your surroundings, and drive defensively.
- Report any crime loss IMMEDIATELY - failure to do so will result in denial of claim
Contact us if you have any questions regarding reporting procedures.
County Facility Use Permits
If you are planning to utilize a County facility (Honolulu, Maui, Kauai, Hawaii), please click here.
Risk management involves the identification, evaluation and treatment of risks inherent in the operations of an organization. At the University of Hawai‘i risk is prevalent at all levels of activities, projects, and programs affecting students, faculty and staff. The Office of Risk Management provides leadership and implements risk management principles and practices and serves as a systemwide resource for risk management related issues.