University of Hawaiʻi employees can now receive their W-2 Wage and Tax Statement electronically for the upcoming tax season.
The benefits to receiving W-2 statements electronically include:
- Access to W-2 statements earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Eliminates the chance of W-2 statements getting lost or misdirected.
- Employees can retrieve their W-2 statements 24 hours a day/7 days a week as long as they have an active status or within 120 days of their termination effective date.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Employees are contributing to cost savings (e.g. forms, envelopes, postage, duplicate copy fee, etc.).
- W-2 statements will remain online for multiple years (beginning with calendar year 2018).
To receive W-2 statements electronically, employees should log into the Employee Self Service website. Once logged in, employees can click on “W-2/W-2c Consent.” The Consent Form page will display a statement about the form, the current consent status, and a checkbox to consent to receive an electronic form. By default, the box to consent to electronic W-2 and W-2c forms will be unchecked. Checking the box and clicking “Submit” provides consent to receive an electronic W-2 form. A confirmation page will appear indicating that the submission was successful.
The last day to consent to an electronic W-2 statement is Monday, December 30, 2019. If an employee terminates, their consent will be revoked and their W-2 statement will be received in the paper format.
If there are any questions, email the payroll office at email@example.com.