University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa academic disciplines earned high marks in the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject, released on October 25, including top 200 rankings for arts and humanities, education, physical and life sciences. This is one of the premier comprehensive subject rankings in the world.
Among more than 26,000 colleges and universities worldwide, five out of the 10 ranked UH Mānoa subjects placed in the world’s top 1% (within top 260 in the world), while the others placed in the world’s top 2–4% (within top 520–1,040).
UH Mānoa subjects’ world ranking:
- Arts and humanities: No. 151–175
- Education: No. 151–175
- Physical sciences: No. 151–175
- Life sciences: No. 176–200
- Social sciences: No. 201–250
- Psychology: No. 301–400
- Business and economics: No. 401–500
- Clinical and health: No. 401–500
- Computer science: No. 601–800
- Engineering: No. 601–800
Times Higher Education considers the following factors for its rankings: teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income. Regarded as one of the leading national and international university rankings focused on research and academic excellence, Times Higher Education considered between 655–1,307 of the top institutions for each of its subject rankings, out of more than 26,000 institutions worldwide, to be eligible for its World University Rankings by Subject.
Here are UH Mānoa’s latest notable rankings:
- 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, October 11, 2022
- U.S. News and World Report 2022–23 Best Colleges, September 11, 2022
- 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy, August 16, 2022
For more information, visit the Mānoa Institutional Research Office website.
—By Marc Arakaki