In 2021, S.C.R. 201 was passed by the Senate, urging the University of Hawai‘i and the University of Hawai‘i Professional Assembly (UHPA) to convene a task force to “examine and assess” the tenure system. The full text of the resolution can be found here.
The resolution requests data regarding tenure, compensation structures, and extramural activities for faculty in a variety of faculty classifications throughout the UH System.
The Tenure Task Force held its first meeting on October 8, 2021. In an effort to provide for open communication with University faculty and to keep faculty informed about the activities taking place, this website has been developed.
The resolution also specifies the membership of the taskforce and/or the designees. The Tenure Task Force membership includes:
- Randolph Moore, Board of Regents Chair
- David Lassner, President
- Vassilis Syrmos, Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Christian Fern, UHPA Executive Director
- Debi Hartmann, UHPA Associate Executive Director of Governance
- Ernie Wilson, Board of Regents Member
- Debora Halbert, Associate Vice President for Academic Programs and Policy (designee for the Director of Collective Bargaining and Employment Relations)
The Final Report (PDF) has been signed and sent to State Legislature.
Draft Report to the 2022 Hawai‘i State Legislature on S.C.R. 201
The S.C.R 201 Task Force has finished a draft report available here. We invite comments either by filling out this form or by sending comments to email@example.com by January 2, 2022.
Task Force Data
Email subject line: “For SCR 201 Task Force”