- 2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI, 96822
Primary focus to include one or more of the following:
- Support for collection development and/or collection maintenance
- Web development
- Reference support/consultation for business, economics and/or tourism subjects
The Business, Humanities and Social Sciences Department (BHSD) provides collections, instruction and reference support for 85 fields of study (including more than 45 different master’s degrees and 27 doctoral degrees).
- LIS 601 Introduction to Reference & Information Services
- LIS 615 Collection Management
- Interest in business librarianship
Hours are flexible; 10-15 hours per week to be scheduled between 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Goals and Outcomes
The student will gain a tremendous amount of experience and understanding with collection development/maintenance in direct support of undergraduate and graduate business education. Additionally, the student will gain experience and understanding of local resources and methods for assisting students (and community members) in their pursuit of supporting resources for business topics.
Ongoing informal feedback and discussion throughout the semester. Supervising librarian will complete the LIS 690 Evaluation Form at the end of the semester. Evaluations will be based on factors such as reliability, ability to communicate effectively, ability to follow through on assignments and professional attitude.
Biweekly progress meetings and final exit interview.
- David Flynn
- (808) 956-2621