Health Insurance

UH Policy for International Students

The University of Hawai'i (UH) requires F-1 and J-1 international students to have adequate health insurance coverage throughout their programs of study. F-1 and J-1 students must either enroll in a UH endorsed student health insurance plan or furnish proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan that provides the required minimum coverage set by the President or the President's designee.

Because of federal regulations, there are differences between requirements for J-1 and F-1 students. The FAQs below will guide you for your visa type.

F-1 Health Insurance Requirements FAQ

J-1 Health Insurance Requirements FAQ